Sunday, September 19, 2004

From the Life! Section of the Straits Times some six years ago. . .

LI BAI DESECRATED

Taken from the Internet, here are four different versions of Li Bai's classic "Moonlight By My Bed" poem:

ENGLISH
The moonlight is pouring down on my bedside
Like white frost spreading on the ground
I look up the bright round moon in the sky
And lower my head thinking of my dear hometown

SINGLISH
Bedfront moon bright bright
Think is floor white white
Lift head see moon moon
Bow head miss home home

AH BENG
Bedfront Orr Pi Sai (pick nose)
Think think go pang sai (go shit)
Pick up tai gor tai (handphone)
Can talk trash while Lau Sai

RESERVIST ARMY
Bedfront Lau Bark Sai (tears drop)
Thinking about Exercise
Drop dead look into the sky
Tong Kor Sian Eh Chai? (Heartache no one knows)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home