Saturday, October 23, 2004

WHAT TO SAY WHEN YOU'RE CAUGHT SLEEPING AT YOUR DESK

From www.talkingcock.com

Snappy responses for when you’re caught napping.

1. No, lah! I wasn't sleeping! I was meditating on the mission statement and envisioning a new paradigm.

2. They told me at the blood bank that this might happen to me after making a donation.

3. (With ear to desk) Shhh! Don’t you hear it?

4. (also with ear to the desk) It’s true! You can hear the ocean through your desk, just like with shells!

5. I was just conducting a 20 minute inspection of my eyelids for holes.

6. I read that if you nap while the teacher is teaching, you will remember the lesson better.

7. I’m not sleeping. I’m just trying to pick up my contact lens without using my hands.

8. (look around with panic in your eyes) The Matrix was right! The Matrix was right!

9. Aiyah! Why you wake me up? I was just about to learn what to do to keep our company from going into bankruptcy!

10. No, no, I wasn’t on sleep mode. Only screen saver mode.

11. Piang, I just have to stop working all those long nights here at the office!

12. I was just practising a power-nap like they recommended in that management course you arrowed me to attend.

13. Wah lau, my bleddy flu medicine won’t wear off, man!

14. Sorry, man, I was up all night with your wife.

15. I was just checking my table for a heartbeat... yep, it’s still alive.

16. I read somewhere that this is one of the Seven Habits of Highly Effective People.

17. I was testing my keyboard to see if it’s drool-resistant.

18. Wow, that Gold 90 FM has a damn powderful effect, man! Listen five minutes only, instant koon!

19. I was just pursuing the Singapore Dream... and thanks to you, I couldn’t catch it!

20. ...Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home